Jane E. Henney M.D.
Retired Professor, Internal Medicine and Public Health Service, College of Medicine at the University of Cincinnati
- Home Secretary, Institute of Medicine, since April 1, 2014
- Professor of Medicine, College of Medicine at the University of Cincinnati from January 2008 until December 2012
- Senior Vice President and Provost for Health Affairs at the University of Cincinnati from July 2003 to January 2008
- Prior to that, Dr. Henney held various positions in academia and government, including Commissioner of Food and Drugs at the United States Food and Drug Administration from 1998 to 2001 and Vice President for Health Sciences at the University of New Mexico from 1994 to 1998
- Current director of CIGNA Corporation
- Previously served as a director of AstraZeneca PLC from September 2001 until April 2011 and Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc. from March 2012 to January 2014.
- National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) Board Leadership Fellow
- Current director of the China Medical Board, the Commonwealth Fund and Monnell Center for Chemical Senses
- Chair of our Governance and Nominating Committee and a member of our Executive Committee