Amerisource Launches New Version Of Iecho
VALLEY FORGE, Pa. (August 6, 2001) — AmeriSource Health Corporation (NYSE:AAS), one of the nation’s leading wholesale pharmaceutical distributors, has upgraded its iECHO internet portal with an enhanced user interface and an array of new inventory management tools designed to streamline the healthcare supply chain.
“The iECHO system is changing the way pharmacies do business by providing instant access to information that allows them to make quicker, better decisions based on accurate, up-to-the-second information about their business,” says Kurt Hilzinger, president and chief operating officer, AmeriSource. “It helps them increase efficiencies and lowers the costs associated with inventory management.”
AmeriSource says about 1,000 users access the system each day. The iECHO system provides a password-protected, on-line (Internet-based), real-time way to access information on product pricing, orders, inventory and other business information.
New Tools Available in V3.0
Effective August 1, AmeriSource customers will be able to access the following new tools within the streamlined iECHO system:
- Customer Account Roll-Up Tools — for group reporting capabilities.
- New Advanced Search Engine
- Standing Order Module — to generate standard orders with the click of a button.
- Hand-Held Order Unit Uploading — transmits inventory information from hand-held stock checking devices and allows for on-line order editing.
- On-Line Specialty Transactions — includes an inventory reporting function that produces value reports, a credit/return material authorization module, retail price changes, retail price sticker requests, and shelf label requests.
- Reporting Formats — all reports can now be generated in PDF or spreadsheet formats.
- AmeriSource On-line Solutions — information center for an at-a-glance look at the company’s programs and message updates.
- New Messaging Center — up-to-the-minute notification of new information.
Windows-Based Echo Software Also Enhanced
AmeriSource also has added several new features to its popular Windows-based ECHO program. The upgrades allow users to transmit orders and check inventory via the Internet instead of via a dial-up connection as previously required. This Internet functionality provides for quicker and more reliable data transmission. In addition, the company has upgraded its ECHO Plus group reporting tool with Internet transmission functionality for improved data synchronization.
AmeriSource Health Corporation (NYSE:AAS), with approximately $14 billion in annualized operating revenue, is a leading distributor of pharmaceutical and related healthcare products and services, and the industry’s largest provider of pharmaceuticals to the acute care/health systems market. Headquartered in Valley Forge, Pa., the Company serves its base of about 15,000 customer accounts through a national network of more than 22 strategically located distribution facilities. For news and additional information about the company, visit its web site at www.amerisource.com