AmerisourceBergen Appoints 20 Executives to New Leadership Roles in Recently Merged Company; Management Team Drawn from Both Former Companies
The Company was created through the merger of AmeriSource Health Corporation and Bergen Brunswig Corporation on August 29, 2001.
Previously, the AmerisourceBergen had named six senior executives: R. David Yost, President and Chief Executive Officer; Kurt J. Hilzinger, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer; Neil F. Dimick, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer; Brent R. Martini, Senior Vice President and President AmerisourceBergen Drug Company; Charles J. Carpenter, Senior Vice President and President PharMerica; and Steven H. Collis, Senior Vice President and President AmerisourceBergen Specialty Group.
"These new appointments reflect the strength of both previous companies and will provide solid, aggressive and innovative leadership for AmerisourceBergen," said Yost. "This new team will move quickly to focus the entire company on building shareholder value, expanding customer service and programs, and increasing the efficiency of the pharmaceutical supply chain."
The new appointments cover the executives reporting directly to Yost, Hilzinger, Dimick and Martini. Reporting to Yost, in addition to Hilzinger and Dimick, are:
- Eileen C. Clark, Vice President Human Resources, who was previously Vice President Human Resources, Employment Counsel and Assistant Secretary at AmeriSource. Prior to joining AmeriSource in 1995, she was a Senior Associate with the law firm of Powell, Trachtman, Logan, Carrle and Bowman, specializing in commercial and employment litigation.
- David M. Senior, Vice President Business Development, who held the same position at AmeriSource. Before joining AmeriSource, he was a Manager of the Wilkerson Group, a leading healthcare consulting firm, which is now a division of IBM.
- William D. Sprague, Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary, who held a similar position at AmeriSource. Prior to joining AmeriSource, he was Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary at Lukens Inc. and held senior legal positions at Almax, Inc. and Almax Coal Company.
- Douglas E. Batezel, Vice President and Chief Procurement Officer, who held the same position at Bergen. He joined Bergen 20 years ago serving in a variety of positions and has been responsible for many of Bergen's successful procurement programs such as the Generic Purchasing Program, the Investment Buying Department and the Automated Compliance Assurance Program. He will be moving to Valley Forge.
- Linda M. Burkett, Vice President and Chief Information Officer, who held the same position at Bergen. She joined Bergen's information technology organization in 1969 and has held positions of increasing responsibility, being named CIO of Bergen in 1995. She has guided the development of Bergen's innovative IT activities such as iBergen, the former company's inventory management portal, and managed Choice Systems Inc., a third party software company located in Kentucky. She will be moving to Valley Forge.
- Terrance P. Haas, Senior Vice President, Integration. Prior to leading AmerisourceBergen's integration activities, he was AmeriSource's Senior Vice President, Supply Chain Management, encompassing procurement and corporate operations. He previously served as a Regional Vice President and General Manager at the company's Paducah Distribution Center. Reporting to Dimick are:
- Michael D. DiCandilo, Vice President and Corporate Controller, who previously held the same position at AmeriSource since 1995. He joined AmeriSource in 1990 as Regional Vice President of Finance in the Northeast Region after eight years at Ernst & Young LLP.
- Michael A. Montevideo, Vice President and Corporate Treasurer, held the same position at Bergen. Prior to joining Bergen he was Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer for Imagyn Medical Technologies, and was previously Vice President and Treasurer at FHP International.
- Michael N. Kilpatric, Vice President, Corporate and Investor Relations, held the same position at AmeriSource. Prior to joining AmeriSource, he managed external communications at a number of companies, such as Scott Paper Company, American Water Works and IKON Office Solutions.
- Charles A. Gagliardi, Vice President and Director of Internal Audit, reports directly to the Board of Director's Audit/Corporate Responsibility Committee with a management reporting relationship to Mr. Dimick. He held the same position at AmeriSource, having joined the company in 1995 after building internal audit departments at companies such as Aramark and Levitz Furniture Stores.
- Thomas P. Connolly, Senior Vice President, Health Systems Sales and Marketing, which includes the acute care and alternate site markets. He was previously Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing for AmeriSource.
- David W. Neu, Senior Vice President, Retail Sales and Marketing, which includes the retail chain and independent community pharmacy markets. He was previously President, Retail Sales and Marketing for Bergen.
- John H. McAlpine, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of AmerisourceBergen Drug Company, who held the same position at Bergen.
Also reporting to Martini are seven regional vice presidents responsible for sales and operations within each region. They are:
- William G. Allen, Regional Vice President, Southeast Region. In the industry for 26 years, he served as a Regional Executive Vice President at Bergen and most recently was Bergen's President of Distribution Services.
- Richard L. Carter, Regional Vice President, Northeast Region. With more than 30 years in the pharmaceutical distribution business, he most recently managed the Northeast Region for AmeriSource.
- Rolando De Cardenas, Regional Vice President, Northwest Region. In his more than 20 years with Bergen, he has served as a distribution center manager in a number of facilities and most recently was Vice President of Distribution for the Northeast Region at Bergen.
- Denise K. Gilleland, Regional Vice President, Midwest Region. She began her AmeriSource career as a controller for a distribution center and later a region before running two different distribution centers. Most recently, she was Regional Vice President for the AmeriSource Southeast Region.
- Frank H. "Bud" Green, Regional Vice President, South Central Region. With more than 30 years of pharmaceutical distribution experience, he joined the AmeriSource organization three years ago to run a distribution center and was most recently Regional Vice President for AmeriSource's Southwest Region.
- Michael Miller, Regional Vice President, Southwest Region. With 22 years of experience with Bergen, primarily in distribution centers, he most recently was Vice President of Distribution for the West Region of Bergen.
- Daniel L. Wilhelm, Regional Vice President, North Central Region. In his more than 30 years in the industry he has been general manager of AmeriSource facilities and Regional Vice President of AmeriSource's Southeast, and most recently, North Central regions.
AmerisourceBergen (NYSE:ABC) is the largest pharmaceutical services company in the United States dedicated solely to the pharmaceutical supply chain. It is the leading distributor of pharmaceutical products and services to the hospital systems/acute care market, alternative care facilities, and independent community pharmacies.
The Company is also a leader in the institutional pharmacy marketplace. With approximately $36 billion in annualized operating revenues, AmerisourceBergen is headquartered in Valley Forge, PA, and employs more than 13,000 people serving over 25,000 customers.
This press release may contain certain "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. These statements are based on management's current expectations and are subject to uncertainty and changes in circumstances. Actual results may vary materially from the expectations contained in the forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements herein include statements addressing future financial and operating results of AmerisourceBergen and the benefits and other aspects of the merger.
The following factors, among others, could cause actual results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements: the risk that the businesses of AmeriSource and Bergen Brunswig will not be integrated successfully; failure to obtain and retain expected synergies; and other economic, business, competitive and/or regulatory factors affecting the business of AmerisourceBergen generally.
More detailed information about these factors is set forth in AmeriSource's and Bergen Brunswig's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including each of their Annual Reports on Form 10-K for fiscal 2000, their most recent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q, and their joint proxy statement-prospectus dated August 1, 2001.
AmerisourceBergen, AmeriSource and Bergen Brunswig are under no obligation to (and expressly disclaim any such obligation to) update or alter their forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
AmerisourceBergen Corporation, Valley Forge Michael N. Kilpatric, 610/727-7118 firstname.lastname@example.org